This is currently one of my favourite recipes: vegan cauliflower wings! It’s great as snack or as a meat replacement at lunch or dinner. Great with some salad and potatoes next to it.
What you need:
- chickpea flour
- spices, I mostly use (but you can play and be creative with this!):
- garlic powder
- spicy paprika
- baking tray with baking paper
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the cauliflower in pieces, from more or less the same size.
- Prepare the batter: mix the chickpea flower with the spices you like (I use: garlic powder, cayenne, herbal salt, a bit of cumin and spicy paprika) and then add water little by little. You want it to be thick enough to stay on the cauliflower when you dip them in.
- Prepare the crust: mix the breadcrumbs with some spices (I only use a bit of garlic powder and cayenne here).
- Now take a piece of cauliflower, dip it in the batter so it’s completely covered, then put it in the crust again so it’s completely covered and then put it on the baking tray.
- Repeat till all pieces of cauliflower are done.
- Put into the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Turn them around half way. Keep an eye on them so they won’t burn.
- They’re ready when the crust is slightly brown and feels crispy. Enjoy!
- Make your own vegan garlic sauce to go with them!
- If you have any cauliflower left over, you can make it into tasty cauliflower rice.
- If you have any batter left over, you can fry it as a vegan omelette (maybe water it down a little bit), to go with your cauliflower rice.
Go back to vegan recipes.